View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am late to the party, sorry about that. If you run out of memory, the Word document is not correct or you ran into the issue Word 365 had recently. That the document is 500 pages is not relevant, not even on 1GB (my development machine has 1 GB memory).

Also, I *never* use the export function for PDF. I rather re-OCR them. The results are much better than that. It was also mentioned that you can fine tune the scene detection.
That's what we do, (AbbyyFineReader), which I've mentioned here, I dunno, a few hundred times over the years, {smile} but, if you know how to do a proper cleanup, an export from PDF to Word can work, if you are willing to do the cleanup in HTML. (or if you have mad skills in Styles/Headings). It can be done.

To this moment, I still don't understand the issue in this thread from the OP. It seems as though he's not styling the paragraphs, apparently? He said it wasn't the broken paragraphs, so in re-reading it, he seems to be saying that the first-line indent styling is not being retained. That would be simply the CSS. Anyone else have a different take?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote