View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyk0202 View Post
Is there a way to easily add a custom field to the results screen?

It is the one that comes up after you do a bulk download for metadata & then choose the button to review the information.

I have added a genre column & would love to be able to put that information in at the same time that I review the downloaded metadata--that way I don't have to go back and add it later.

If there is a way, could I get the most non-technical instruction possible?

Thank you!
@amyk0202 - I suspect the answer is no - unless you're willing to run with a modified calibre source, or write your own PI.

To do what you want would mean the Download metadata in bulk feature would have to cope with everyone's custom columns, which are potentially all different - some people have dozens of them.

You should be able to edit your genre column in the book list - just hit F2 on the genre cell and enter value. Probably easier than using the single metadata editor.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-22-2015 at 09:22 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote