View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #464
waterqds
waterqds began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I also have the 2 kinds of errors:
1. Open a file whose name contains Chinese characters got the following error:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: 索引à ƒÂ¨Ã‚Â¶Ã‚Â…ÃƒÂ¥Ã‚Â‡Ã‚ÂºÃƒ ¤ÂºÂ†Ã¦Â•Â°Ã §Ã‚»Â„界é ™ã€‚ 在
WindowsApplication1.progbOpenFile.UpdateBookFields (String datapath, Boolean open) 在
WindowsApplication1.progbOpenFile.btnOpenFile_Clic k(Object sender, EventArgs e) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) 在
System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m) 在
System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m) 在
System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If the file is renamed to only ASCII filename, it is OK to extract its meta information.
When the GUI generate the .bat, should it convert the filename to system locale (codepage)?

2. Title, Author, etc display in wrong graph. Obviously it is caused by encoding issue.
If the title, author are saved in metadata as UTF8 encoding, the mobi2mobi.exe can extract correctly. However the GUI doesn't convert it to the Windows system locale (code page 936). The display is wrong.
I think if you wants to set up the title etc in Chinese, the GUI also should convert it to utf8 before it save to meta.
That said, if you always use English, i.e. English filename, English title, it should work without issue. I don't know if there is any standard which specify the title's encodings

Last edited by waterqds; 02-24-2015 at 08:55 PM.
waterqds is offline   Reply With Quote