View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenpup View Post
Here is a picture of the keyboard and PW covers. The PW is a finer grain and is "softer" than the keyboard cover. I really like it!
Interesting thing about the grain. We have two lighted covers for K3 kindles and one of them is very smooth (shallow, flat topped, grain) and the other very rough (deeper, pointier, grain). It's actually helpful because I can distinguish which is which without opening them. :-)

The paperwhite cover feels like a step back to me... the inner lining is no longer the nice soft felt of the K3 cover, but rather rough and more like canvas. The leather layer is very thin. Overall it feels cheaper, especially with the hard rubber edge being so prominent.

I'd say that the K3 cover felt like a high quality journal and the Paperwhite cover feels less substantial. I guess I'll know more once I have a device to put in it and use it for a while, but these are based on my impressions from inspecting it last night.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote