View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, then it relies on the usbnetwork symlink, that explains it. (And also explains the dependency on the usbnetwork hack).

Which... doesn't work with my usbnet packages, since I moved the usbnetwork script, so the tweaked usbnetwork script installed by qindle isn't ever called.

Quick 'n dirty patch to usbnet/bin/usbnetwork from my package to emulate the same behaviour (double `usbNetwork to start qindle, with the only difference being that qindle will be started with the Kindle in USB MS mode, not Eth over USB. if you want to start qindle on the first `usbNetwork, with the Kindle in Eth over USB mode, move the code to the other branch of the if block).

Note that, IMHO, it's still far cleaner to use the hotkeys hack for this purpose. Like I said, we don't have any way to know if the user wants to only toggle usbnetwork or start qindle... So, right now, with this patch, we do both when either toggling to USB MS or Eth over USB, which isn't all that great...
Attached Files
File Type: txt usbnet-vN-qindle.patch.txt (580 Bytes, 568 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-24-2010 at 10:27 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote