Thread: Tolino question
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:45 AM   #14
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
I've had the chance to play with my new Tolino Shine 3 and really like it as an addition to my kindles. Since I do prefer the Kindle software, I wouldn't want to have it as my only reader but the comfort light in the evenings is simply wonderful and well worth the purchase. It's been so much easier on my eyes in bed. If only I could read the Kindle Unlimited books on there as well ... Here's hoping that Amazon will offer a Kindle with bluelight reduction next year.

The screen really is phenomenal. The bottom right corner is a bit lighter in illumination than the rest of the screen which I'm guessing is the light bleed issue of the Kobo Clara. It's not very noticeable though and so doesn't bother me much. Other than that, the screen is better than that of my PW 3.

What I dearly miss is the option to adjust the boldness of the fonts. I have become so used to this wonderful feature Amazon introduced to their kindles earlier this year. All my usual fonts are much too light on the Tolino, I have found two that look good on it and that I like but they are a bit too bold for my taste.

I haven't yet figured out how to use Calibre to increase the line spacing in an epub for the Tolino. I've been doing it for years with epubs for my old Kobo Glo and azw3 files for my kindles without a problem. I also tried a few other tricks I found through Google but no matter what I tried in Calibre, the Tolino still stubbornly keeps to its own line spacing.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase though. I love that I can load my own pictures to use as screen saver or can choose to have the current book displayed instead. The reduced weight compared to the PW is great as well. And I definitely don't want to miss the comfort light anymore.
I am also thinking about getting a tolino shine 3, I just want a cheaper device with bluelight filter in addition to my oasis 2 - may even sell it -. Also I would like to have an open eco again, as I had a kobo Auroa one with koreader before. As soon it gets free android /does it really need root?/ I will mostly get a tolino shine 3. The device looks cheap/billig compared to tolino vision 4 HD. But I am not welling to pay a higher price for a device from 2016.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote