View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #12
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I never cease to be amazed at the wondrous things that might be found whilst bouncing about on the internet.

I give you http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19273

The Dead Men's Song
Being the Story of a Poem and a Reminiscent Sketch of its Author Young Ewing Allison
(available in HTML, MOBI, EPUB, and other formats)

While this quote from the book is not of a piratical nature I think we can all relate to Allison's vice.

Quote:
One who has never read around the clock in a virtual debauch of novel reading cannot appreciate Allison’s “Delicious Vice;” no more can he Field’s “Dibdin’s Ghost” who has not smuggled home under his coat some cherished volume at the expense of his belly—and possibly someone else’s too! “The Delicious Vice!” What a tart morsel to roll on one’s tongue in anticipation and to speculate over before scanning the pages to discover that the vice is not “hitting the pipe” or “snuffing happy dust” but is as Allison paints it with whimsical but affectionate words, “pipe dreams and fond adventures of an habitual novel-reader among some great books and their people.”
I am now setting forth on my own virtual debauch of novel reading!

Last edited by NormHart; 09-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote