View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 AM   #1089
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I guess that thumbnails are embedded in PDF file and they are extracted as programs take all images that they can find inside.
Yep seems youre absolutely correct. I forgot about the left thumbnail pane in acrobat reader(you enable it through view options).

In case anyone else runs into similar situation, i think i found more elegant solution than deleting thumbs inside the archive.
Advanced PDF Tools, under the optimize tab has an option to remove embeded thumbnails. You can batch remove from all your files.
The trial version has a limitation and says that it processes only half of the pages of the pdf when you run it, and the output file when opened it doesnt show all pages. But when you process the output file with KCC the resulting cbz has all the images inside, without the thumbnails ofcourse.
One small nuissance is that after all this magic, after processing with kcc the cover gets numbered as last in the archive, even though it is first page in the original and even the output pdf... Weeell, that problem ill leave for some other day, satisfied as it is for the time being.
Edit:Unless ofcourse someone has an simple solution for the cover issue...

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 08-27-2017 at 04:35 AM.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote