View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
RedShadow
D00d
RedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Lux 3 (626)
Well, you were right: the converter can read any size of XDXF except for lines that must be < 4096 chars.

So I made a new XDXF this time parsing even more the definitions so that it would add more line breaks. Which it did: now the XDXF is 832,681 KB.

So I fed it to the converter...

...which worked for a while...

...and then it gave up:

So close.
However there might be a way: I duplicate definitions for words that have the same definitions instead of 'linking' a definition to multiple words. Which would drastically reduce the size of that thing.

That's this little line 'Searching for equal words' that made me think about that. However I'm not sure I can do that with an XDXF format...

--> I'd like to know what the converter is looking for to determine same words definitions from an XDXF.

If I know this, then I'll build my XDXF accordingly.

EDIT: actually... I can write multiple 'keywords' for a definition
To time get back to work

EDIT2: Doesn't work.
When I search for 'unfanned' for instance (which is linked to 'fan' ) it doesn't find it.
Looks like the converter doesn't use the multiple 'keywords' to link stuff to the same definitions. It's too bad since it's much faster to create the XDXF now, and it only weights
157,821 KB ...

Maybe, do you happen to have a working XDXF that works with giving you the proper definition for like different spellings, expression and stuff? I'd like to know the XDXF structure that the converter understands.

Last edited by RedShadow; 03-30-2016 at 03:32 PM.
RedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote