View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
When you import books into Calibre it creates its own database of books using its own naming conventions. The original books will still be there untouched.

I found in my case all problems were avoided if I put the Calibre library folder at a location other than the existing root of my existing eBook library to avoid just this issue.

Sorting it out should be relatively easy - it is just a case of moving the new folders/files created by calibre to a new location and then telling calibre to use this location as its library location.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote