View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I am frankly getting tired of people comparing dedicated reading devices to netbooks. Yes, they may be still a bit expensive, but that doesn't mean that I am better off spending that money on something else that does more jobs, when reading is the only thing I am interested in. I have owned a computer for as long as I can remember, but I have wished for a dedicated reading device from the moment I realised there are books in digital form out there (that was before any such device was produced). Reading on a computer was never an option, unless you are at work and need to appear to be working while reading .
The ebook market does have a long way to go yet, but it's not the devices so much as the publishers that need to change. We need more ebooks, more reasonably priced, with less (or preferably no) drm. It's not the devices that prevent lending, it's the drm.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote