View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Unfortunately I agree with most of what the article says. Ereaders are too expensive and you get more for your money buying an netbook. Also we are in a format war and today's purchase might not work with tomorrows technology. While many on this board are tech savvy enough to strip DRM and convert, more folks do not.

Is there any ounce of regret, me buying an ereader, none whatsoever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Here's the real LOL moment in that entire article, however:

"Ms. Broughton says she can't recommend the Kindle to people who aren't technically savvy ..."
Actually the complete sentence is. emphasis is mine.
Quote:
But Ms. Broughton says she can't recommend the Kindle to people who aren't technically savvy and might want to purchase their books anywhere other than the Amazon store. That's because the Kindle doesn't read copyright protected files from other bookstores or libraries
Which is a subtle statement that implies the stripping of DRM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote