View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 06:35 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
A bit relevant: a few years back I grabbed one of the Baen freebies, but now the only sign I can find of it on the site is this.

Since Baen uses a consistent url scheme, I was able to dig up the original page on the Wayback Machine. It seems to have disappeared sometime in 2020.

Considering that the other example, the Heinlein novel, was simply marked as "not available" and the page left up, I find this curious.
When I checked on Sarah A. Hoyt's website, at this time, I see Draw One in the Dark listed as being reissued by Goldport Press. When I look on Amazon, I find Draw One in the Dark showing as being available in Kindle Unlimited so Amazon is the only permitted vendor. I have some vague memories of a discussion about issues between her and Baen but not sure when or where I saw that.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote