View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #19
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The first Betamax had a price of $2,295, in 1975!

It's brand new technology. Naturally the price will drop assuming this catches on (which I have my doubts on).
Betamax technology was far superior to the rival VHS. But VHS won out in the consumer market because of better marketing (Beta won out in the professional market however).

I do my best to stay away from "early adopter" status these days. But I did make that mistake once. I am the proud owner of an HDDVD player and three - yes a whopping three! - HDDVD discs that I can play on it. Oh well - it only cost me $59, I knew the risks, and I needed to replace my regular DVD player anyway (the HDDVD player works fine in that role, playing regular DVDs).

But other than that one poorly-executed attempt to jump onto the latest/greatest technology bandwagon, I've stayed away from new offerings. I now let the dust (and the price!) settle first.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote