View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #15
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You keep forgetting that dedicated ereaders are a niche product. Most ereading is done on phones or tablets. There is not a single phone or tablet I am aware of that locks you into a certain ebook store. I fail to see how the justice department would be involved anytime soon.
I do realize all that. I think I made it fairly plain that my post was wishful thinking.

I do think that even as a niche product there are enough people using ereaders that manufacturers might find them worth making if they didn't have to compete with readers that were subsidizes by book sales. That would give us more choices. Anyway my post was really a "wouldn't it be nice" type of post. Maybe someday ...!

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote