View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I dislike exclusives as well. I have purchased a few backlist titles from favorite authors who have gotten their rights back and self-publish them. And I will still get freebies that are Amazon only. But for the most part I simply add them a list to see if they are ever released wide. If not, oh well.

As for Google Play, they are basically locked out to self-published authors. This is because in May 2015 there were scammers who were uploading pirated books by well known authors so when customers purchased a book they would get the money rather than the actual author or their publisher. The book would show up in search results with the real author and title, just the publisher would show differently. Plus they tended to price them lower. Amazon would then price match this lower price for the scammed book. So rather than come up with a way to actually address the issue, Google Play simply locked out the ability to create accounts there. So self-published authors who were in good standing prior to this are still able to upload their books. Authors who were not, including new authors, cannot. As far as I know they haven't reinstated the ability to create new accounts, but I'm not an author.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote