View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #25
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh! Well, I didn't actually expect that any decisions would be reached any time soon; I thought it was more of an "informational only" type of thread. ;-) [...]
Yes, I did intend this thread mostly to gather some information. But don't get me wrong, I do have a book sitting here waiting for a cover. However, it's only on its second draft. Aside from my other work commitments, I also want to make some real progress on the book that follows from this first instalment before I actually commit to publishing - there may be some adjustments required to the hand over between the books, and until I have an actual page count I can't finalise a print cover.

It's also still possible, depending on comments from eventual beta readers, that this first instalment could get dropped out as a completely private background piece. I like it, and my first (but possibly biased) beta reader likes it, but I think it may be a hard sell: a fantasy book with bugger all fantasy. It's more in the nature of an extended prelude, and on that basis alone I have to look at it with a sceptical eye.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote