View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #23
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Thanks, Hitch. Fun reading as always.

I will be looking for a print cover version as well, so I will be expecting some additional cost.

I noted to someone else that these $50 offers you see (ebook only) might only pay for somewhere around an hour's work (not that I know what rates they actually look for) which seems - to me - to be very under priced, and so rather dubious. (Mind you, as covers for short stories, the cheap but professional option is probably a better path than the cheap but amateur alternative that I pulled for my current shorts - I don't think they are doing me any favours.)

And I definitely want to work with someone specific, I'm not really a crowd person. My problem being to narrow the choices down.

At the moment I'm mostly window shopping, getting an idea what's out there and what will be involved.
Oh! Well, I didn't actually expect that any decisions would be reached any time soon; I thought it was more of an "informational only" type of thread. ;-)

My problem with the group thing is the idea that it's okay to ask 20 or 30 or 50 people to do work for which they shan't be paid. Yes, of course, it's their choice, but it feels a bit exploitative to me.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote