View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
So Fivver covers are on par with their proofreaders. You get what you paid for.
That's IME (in my experience). Some are fine, I'm sure. I've seen some illustrators that are really great, over there. Of course, they're ON Fiverr; they're not selling their work for Five dollars. Let's just say that Fiverr's Fiverrs aren't, well, Fivers, not really.

I also saw at least one advertising his services using the mocked-up covers from Derek Murphy's DIYBookCovers site, so...you pays your money, you takes your chances. If it were me, and I wasn't completely sure about a designer, I'd be tin-eye-ing "his" cover designs to be sure that I was getting what I expected to get.

(There was another guy, some years ago, who was amazing. Just amazing. Then, he was in a motorcycle wreck, and I suspect that he became addicted to the medicines, because he started flaking out, missing deadlines, and then he just disappeared. Not really on-topic, just...anecdotal.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote