View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
When you say yellow, is this with the light on or off?

I have used the KPW 1, Aura, KPW 2, and now the Aura H2O. When looking at the screen of my devices with the light OFF, the Aura H2O looks like the KPW 2 screen (they are both carta screens) and both look much better than the KPW 1 and original Aura.

When I look at the devices with the light ON, the LED colour of the Kindles is a "cool" or slightly blue white. The LED colour of the original Aura by contrast was extremely "warm" or yellowish white. The LED colour of the Aura H2O is somewhere between the Kindles and the original Aura - a pleasant, close to neutral white. Historically, I have always really enjoyed the colder blue lighting of the Kindles, but I am really enjoying the light temperature that my Aura H2O es.
It is with the light on.. a definate yellow hue especially noticeable when compared to myKobo glo and any of my Kindle PWs. In the daylight, with the lights turned all the way down, there is no difference of screen color.

I never considered it to be a flaw or malfunction, just thought it was a developer's choice.
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote