View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #155
Neptunus
Neptunus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
I do not run windows 8 myself, but a quick test on a win8 machine didnot produce any errors.
So for now I cannot reproduce it.
Due to the error-message there is a time out, so the websites takes to long to respond (don 't know why).
There are two points to check , just to be sure :
- first one :deselect show rejected titles in the configuration.
That part of the plugin opens a new window which is not official supported, but it works (not with osX).
-second one: only use the bol_nl plugin and no other ones, just to see if that gives trouble.

If others have to same problem, please let me know. For now I dont know what to fix.'Sorry.
Thanks, I deselected the 'whow rejected titles' and only used the nl plugin.

Result:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
calibre, version 1.27.0
FOUT: Geen zoekresultaten gevonden: <p>Geen boeken gevonden voor de zoekopdracht. Probeer de zoekopdracht <b>minder specifiek</b> te maken. Gebruik bijvoorbeeld alleen de achternaam van de auteur of één enkel sleutelwoord uit de titel. Om alle meldingen te zien klikt u op ‘Details tonen’.

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'David Baldacci'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Duister Lot'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 30.0390000343
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
Plugin BOL_NL failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 43, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 228, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 30.07 seconds
The longest time (30.039000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, and closing Calibre, I can't connect via any browser to a website
or even this forum. Chrome message is "resolving host" .I had to restart the computer. This only happens with Calibre, when I want to look for meta data.
I have the latest network adapter driver software. I lookud up in Google for the message 'resolving host', I think it has something to do with IP4 and IP6 DNS lookups, but why only with Calibre?

When I start my computer in safe mode (with network connections) calibre and the plugin works fine....

Last edited by Neptunus; 03-12-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Neptunus is offline   Reply With Quote