View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #49
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
16k mono is the only one that is broken, and only on a kindle 3.

Any rate but that. any at all.

: )

44.1k 16 bit mono would be nice. or 32k maybe.
Adding this to festival.scm got it to work...

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Format 'wav)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Rate '8000)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "aplay -q -c2 -t wav -r 8000 $FILE")

I will try to get some higher rate without the voice breaking up. Once I get a more decent compilation/installation I'll upload it for you to play with. I just found how to move the .scm files to a propper directory. Is there a convention on how to place the directories and such under /mnt/us for applications? I would like to follow up something more standard than my /mnt/us/arm-linux directory.

---------
I just tried with this:

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Required_Rate '22050)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "aplay -q -c2 -t wav -r 22050 $FILE")

And it works. I am no expert. But it sounds pretty decently. I am still having the problem with the sound delay. It is the same problem I had with flite.

I guess the next step will be to add the mbrola voices.

Lupines.

Last edited by Lupines; 02-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Lupines is offline   Reply With Quote