Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #84
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
So far I haven't been able to tell because upon my upgrade from 1.9.17 to 2.1.4, my KT crashes every time I try to open a sideloaded epub. Looks like another failure from Kobo so far.
Not sure if this is the same issue but my sister updated her KT from 2.1.1 to 2.1.4 using the automatic upgrade. What she noticed was that when she woke up the KT from the sleep screen, the KT would restart after 0 to 5 page turns. We tried the sign out but didn't help -- possibly since we re-setup her account using the WiFi connection. After a factory reset and watching her "Processing Content" for a few minutes, seems to be okay now.

My KT did not show this problem but I did a factory reset before updating to 2.1.4. I thought that since I have had issues with corrupted books, it was worth the extra time for the factory reset to ensure I started with a clean database and without the manually installed 2.1.1 firmware possibly causing issues.

Both our KT's got the 43710 update revision and side-loaded content is living on an SD card.

This message is subject to change after using the KT/2.1.4 for a couple of days to see if the restart after sleep has really gone away.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-05-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Corrected a couple of typos.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote