Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #76
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, that is the case. Some devices sold here last year have a problem in the base firmware. This is the firmware you see when you do a factory reset. Something in this prevents the devices from being updated past the 2.0.x firmware. What Kobo is doing is to install an intermediate firmware that will allow the later firmware to be installed. I suspect that they have decided to handle anyone on an Australian ip by this method. I think NZ may have gotten the same devices so our NZ friend has probably been hit by this as well.

I would suggest that you try another sync and see if it updates again.
Thanks for your help I will try another update in a day or two and see what happens.
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote