View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Deputy, I did not mean to suggest my method was better than yours. Obviously, with all the books in a collection and all having the chapter numbers in the TOC you can jump to a specific chapter quicker and certainly more accurately than I can. My method is a quick and dirty way to get to a book and to some proximity to a chapter. Actually, just remembering the pages for the TOC (OT 4,5,6 NT 7,8) will let me get to the correct book except I must scroll to the correct book title which is a pain for a book towards the middle of the TOC page.

As to some of your objections:
I have all all the book (page) numbers on a card that slips into the back of my 505's leather case. No big deal to refer to it.
I always use the M font for this book. It comes up that way when I restart reading it. I don't plan on changing it unless my eyesight gets worse - a possibility at 76.

BUT - you're method is certainly the best I have seen in getting to a specific book and chapter. I posted my original response not to find fault with your approach, but just to suggest another method. No offense meant and, I hope, none taken.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote