View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
2 obvious plusses for a tablet PC, as opposed to a dedicated e-book reader: You can read e-books in as many formats as you can find readers for your PC (I have 5 on my PC now, including the Sony Connect emulator); and you can use the PC for things other than reading.

Something else to consider is how comfortable you are reading an LCD screen, which is what you'll get with a tablet PC. Many of them should give you the options of adjusting your font resolution (the "Cleartype" setting), as well as size, to get the optimum reading comfort for you.

As for any purchase that is that major, I would highly recommend getting a first-hand look at the device before you buy, to make sure it will work for you... catalogs and websites can't tell you what it's like in your hand.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote