View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
I wonder if there's a way to cleanly split an epub into smaller chunks...
I thought epubs were split into smaller chunks. The epub file is really just a zip file that contains several other files. One file is the CSS and then there's one or more HTML files. Many of the epubs that I've seen have each chapter as a separate HTML file, which in theory should make it easier for the Kobo. Of course some publishers may just put everything into one giant HTML file, which would mean a lot more processing for the Kobo.

A tool such as Sigil can let you look at the individual files and edit them.

Last edited by moffattm; 05-19-2011 at 11:40 PM.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote