View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #642
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Funny (for me at least), it never occurred to me that someone would use the mark without tags, so I never designed it for that. There is no real reason why it not mutually exclusive. I will look in the code if I can explain this. The Windows release should not have an impact at all.
Thank you.

So, the question is - how the heck did I get it to highlight without a tag.

If I had used something like thin space I would have them sprinkled through the text. After I convert to EPUB I always check the Characters report from the calibre editor for any 'unusual' characters, so I would have seen them there.

I didn't really think is was Windows either, but that was the only thing that changed in the days immediately prior to the highlights going awol

It must have been something in the %APPDATA%\Toxaris folder, because renaming it, and doing a fresh install also solved the COM Add-ins checkbox problem - as it has done on previous occasions.

Note: I haven't done anything explicit to settings in months (years even).

If it's possible and simple, and you have the time, perhaps you could create a new version that allows the Mark Tag to be empty.

Added : Just to be clear, I have a workable solution.

I couldn't get a new value for Mark Tag to stick if I entered it in the Settings dialogue; so, I edited the .cfg file manually to set to '###". I've created a trivial macro to replace '[###]' and '[/###]' will null, which I use before I step through the highlighted words.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-11-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote