View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jswinden: Err, according the the tests meme did on the K3, and I did on the Touch for the Kindle Collections plugin, a leading dot was always sorted more or less randomly.

Code:
# Kindle ignores these characters and sorts them randomly (unless name is only invisible characters:!
SORT_INVISIBLE = '-?/]#.\'\\*})&:@%;"!,'  # means the visible are " _`^~'([{$+<=>|" + 0-9, a-z
# And on the Touch...  Didn't care to test the 1 char invisible stuff, so the order might not be completely accurate...
TOUCH_SORT_INVISIBLE = ' #[:?)\\"{.!/%…;&]},*\'(@'

# Sort order for all chars (invisible needed in case the collection is 1 char long)
SORT_CHARACTERS = '- _,;:!?/.`^~\'"()[]{}@$*&#%+<=>|0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'
# And on the Touch... (Note that you shouldn't be able to put a leading/trailing whitespace in a collection name, be it via the default UI or Collections Manager, that's why I put it in the invisible list on the Touch).
TOUCH_SORT_CHARACTERS = '_-`^§©®+<=>¬|~˘$ŁĄ€0123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ#[:·?)\\"{.!/%…;&]},*\'(@'
FWIW, I'm using ~ on the K3 for my 'Currently Reading' collection (=> '~Reading~'), and - the Touch (=> '-Reading-'), and it works pretty well.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote