View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I tried adding the following as the last entries before product
Code:
                <InstallExecuteSequence>
                    <FileCost Suppress="yes" />
                </InstallExecuteSequence>
                <InstallUISequence>
                </InstallUISequence>
                <AdminExecuteSequence>
                </AdminExecuteSequence>
                <AdminUISequence>
                </AdminUISequence>
I got the following warnings from WiX

Code:
C:\cygwin\home\kovid\build\calibre\build\wix\calibre.wxs(4707) : warning LGHT1008 : The action 'FileCost' in the InstallExecuteSequence table is being suppressed.
C:\cygwin\home\kovid\build\calibre\build\wix\calibre.wxs(4710) : warning LGHT1008 : The action 'FileCost' in the InstallUISequence table is being suppressed.
C:\cygwin\home\kovid\build\calibre\build\wix\calibre.wxs(4713) : warning LGHT1008 : The action 'FileCost' in the AdminExecuteSequence table is being suppressed.
C:\cygwin\home\kovid\build\calibre\build\wix\calibre.wxs(4716) : warning LGHT1008 : The action 'FileCost' in the AdminUISequence table is being suppressed.
The checking space requirements action seems to have decreased in duration (took about 30secs as opposed to a couple of minutes). I would have thought it would go down to almost zero, but...

I'll leave it in, hopefully there wont be any nasty side effects. In a system as byzantine as windows installer, how is one supposed to know if there are going to be side-effects?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote