View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #8
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
um, of course you can upload books wirelessly with moon. you can do it within moon, or sideload, or use dropbox, or whatever.
Does moon run on a desktop computer? Please describe how can I wirelessly upload the book from my computer to the moon read on Android e-ink device "thru moon"?

I don't want to "use dropbox, or whatever", I want the same seamless uploading experience I get with Play Books.

Quote:
this requirement to run on a mac is new tho. if you've got limitations, you need to spell them out right away
No, I haven't got limitations, looks like moon "got limitations" . As for more specifically spelled out use case -- I want wireless upload (from a computer) and wireless sync; both without having to resort to the third-party cloud storage solutions.

Quote:
playbooks was basically built for android, so I'm not really sure what your asking anymore
Uhm, no, Play Books was basically a website before an android app became what it is today. Now it's a website where you can buy and/or upload your own books accompanied by an android app, with its own seamless sync and unified login.

Quote:
you don't want any other solutions, yet you created the poll that asked for other options.....smh
Poll doesn't ask for other options, it asks if there are any. I'm definitely open to other solutions, however I sincerely doubt that any other company/individual would have the power to match what Google has produced. Not because it's something no one else can do, but because it would cost money and without the revenue stream from selling books (and other Google products), I don't think it can be achieved just as good.

I'm sure there're ways to jerry-rig something resembling Play Books (with dropbox or whatever), but I'm not invested in a legacy jerry-rigged solution and I like what Play Books (a combination of the web-site, android app, unified login, storage infrastructure) has to offer.

I'm surprised Play Books hasn't caught on here yet (as evident by lack of replies on experience using it). I'd value what it brings way more than what it lacks.

Last edited by stangri; 12-06-2016 at 12:06 PM.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote