View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucida View Post
1. In my kindle, the usb port toggles between host and gadget mode, and, lots of mouse clicks are not registered. My OTG cable has sd card reader, HDMI builtin so I'm not sure if its my cable or the kindle hardware or misconfigured kernel modules. I don't have other OTG cable at hand, so please test and report your result.
Your lost mouse clicks are probably because you now have TWO kernel module drivers competing for the same USB resources. You must 'rmmod' the loaded driver before loading another one that uses the same resources. To see how this is done, see the scripts in the USBnet package which switches between USBnet and USB mass storage (USBMS) gadgets.

Also, be sure to unload (rmmod) your module when done using it so it does not interfere with shared kindle USB drive data transfers (by intercepting USB packets not intended for it).

You need a multiplex driver to support multiple USB devices (or gadgets) simultaneously over a single USB port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucida View Post
... and would be great if someone can build a KUAL extension so it can be installed and run without usbnet.
You should be easily able to modify an existing (simple) KUAL extension to support this.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-21-2016 at 08:56 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote