View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
It is fascinating that a mod removed my link to the Kindle Support Forums (as if they are competing social platforms) but not before someone responded over there first to inform that I also posted here, am trying to start a movement, and to reassure that nobody else really cares about the features I am promoting. Also interesting that several of the people participating in that thread all share the same join date. It doesn't make sense why anyone would be against a greater feature set or support a silly limitation in software. I mean sure, if you feel said features would hurt your device then I would understand. But why knock someone else for no other reason?

To return to the point -

As a consumer, I am frustrated that I can't use at least use directories to organize my kindle, nor can I use utilize the metadata that Calibre obtains from Amazon itself. These are little things that wouldn't require any investment whatsoever and are limitations imposed on a device equipped with a dual core processor just to move us towards vendor lock in.

Of course the OS were open source the power of the platform would be infinite. The sophistication of an OS used for an ereader doesn't even compare with that of a smart phone. But that is the point, simple tools and methods of organizing a Kindle - enabling one to conveniently fill a 32 GB device wouldn't require Amazon to take on any crazy R&D costs. It only conflicts with their larger strategy of encouraging a subscription based model based on their platform while limiting the convenience of keeping or obtaining books through other means.

We're all excited to know that you find things interesting and fascinating.

Most of us, however, are more than satisfied with our Kindles. Perhaps you should contact Amazon and take up your ideas with them?

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote