View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I want something that more people will discuss, even if, potentially, fewer read it. But we're both engaging in a spot of guesswork/projection!
True. But I'd really like to be able to read and enjoy this month, and I neither need nor want a book about Hitler, his Germany, or even just WWII at any level. But as someone who has read about Malta in later years, in the Aubrey/Maturin series and elsewhere, and who has seen the vital role Malta plays in maritime history and strategy, I'm really curious and intrigued by this pivotal struggle. Malta is a bit of an anomaly in that it has a strategic importance that is way beyond it's size, population, or apparent significance.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote