View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
I am too.

It is nice to be able to see who voted for which book and so to be able to match tastes of other forum members with one's own. It also does not bother me that the number of votes per book is visible. I would never be tempted to vote for something that does not interest me just because the majority up to this point thought it might be nice reading material.

Edit: Participating by sending a PM is NOT an option for me; that would be a month I would definitely skip.
In other words, you aren't voting for what you want, your voting for what someone else wants. This sort of thing is what a blind vote is meant to do away with. It's meant for you to vote for what you want, and not vote based on what someone else voted for.

I am sorry you feel you cannot vote if you cannot see what others have voted for before you cast your vote.

The reasons I'm seeing for not having a blind vote are the very reasons we should have a blind vote.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote