View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
If you read closely on the battery life advertised you will see it is at 30 min day at brightness level 10. So it is measured in hours, not pages. I read at 18 brightness level. My first test was one hour and it used 5%. So that works out pretty close to advertised. I have no problem with plugging it in several times a week to be sure it has enough juice for a long reading session. It does charge fast.
They have an assumed number of page turns per 30 minutes built in. Awake time, page turns, and total time (awake + sleep) are all important and each can dominate under different conditions. If you turn pages as fast as possible the battery will last only a few hours. If you let it sleep and never wake it, it will still run down. Despite what amazon claims, you will not get twice the time between charges at 30 minutes reading per day as for 1 hour per day. See

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...83#post1603683

for a discussion of battery life for e-ink readers.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote