View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Anyone tried to port X-Word Crossword Puzzle app yet?

Hi Yaro,

One app I would LOVE to see ported to your platform, probably the 302 is the best early candidate. The app is one called X-Word and found here:

http://x-word.org/

The thing about it is it supports doing the New York Times puzzles which use the AcrossLite format (.puz). I know someone ported it to the Nokia Internet Tables, well I know N8xx NIT's running OS2008 and might still run under OS2007 but am not certain.

A lot of readers are also lovers of crossword puzzles. So a touch device like the 302 would seem super. It would not need HWR but you can use the software's own onscreen character table to insert letters in the selected cells. It's nice app...

I see there was recently a contest to port apps to your platform, but w/o access to your potential developer community, this is the only place I might be able to mention it sure would be nice to have to run. But I also do not know what the OS limitations are and I am too far past my prime coding years to even think of doing it myself.

Anyway, if there is a way to get someone motivated to at least look at trying I am sure more than myself would be very appreciative of their effort.

For those who don't know, there was a competition to port apps here:
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml

Seems a couple folks won free readers and others got discounts and/or other goodies.

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-06-2009 at 12:17 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote