View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think what Feenix has suggested is a good starting point, but wanted to make a couple of other comments. Also, if it doesn't work, then try the reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Firstly, my battery seems to be losing it's charge in hours rather than days now and I am most concerned.
I usually charge the battery on a standard charger bought for purpose on eBay and have had no previous issues. Then the device will also charge briefly when I connect it to my laptop to load and synchronise etc, usually every other day.
The Touch uses a Li-Ion battery. These gradually lose capacity, but it should only lose about 20% after the first year.
Quote:

My other niggle is the hit and miss experience with synching but I have always put this down to my BT Infinity Wifi and its vagaries. I was in Vietnam recently, and was able to sych effortlessly using free hotel wifi connections for goodness sake! This I have learnt to live with but could it affect battery life in long run even though I keep wifi disabled?
I have been getting some problems on my home network but zero at work. Signal strength is about the same, but I am using a different router at home. The only other difference is that my home connection is less than 4Mbps vs the 50Mbps at work. I have the feeling that sometimes the connection to Kobo times out, and it decides the WiFi is at fault and askes to reconnect.

Quote:
If I reload my books, should I use Calibre or drag and drop?
I would suggest calibre, but some might say I was biased

Quote:
I have about 300 books on my device. Is this affecting battery? Is there an optimum amount in anyone's experience?
Well it will have an affect because every time you use the library it opens the database of books. And the more books, the longer any queries against the database will take and use more power. But I wouldn't think that 300 books would be enough to make noticeable difference.
Quote:
Could a reset help my wifi issues? My wife has a Kobo Touch bought at same time and has no problems, damn her impudence!! Me, I'm a bloke and like to play around with it a bit more.
My wife won't let me touch her laptop. For some reason she thinks I am more likely to break things. Of course, if something does go wrong, guess who's fault it is.
Quote:
Please please share your experiences with me and offer me help in my hour of need. Mmmm, Kobo Glo looks good!
Thanking you in advance...
Ahh, now we get to the real reason for the post. OK, how about this diagnosis:

Your Kobo Touch is kaput. It is obvious you will need to replace it by buying a nice new Kobo Glo.

Does that work for you?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote