View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
I am just curious what is the software version you are using in your M92?
We have experienced a couple of such complete discharging with the old 1.6 firmware.

As far I know in the 1.7 there is a special routine to avoid complete discharging of the battery. It is indeed quite hard to reanimate the completely discharged battery in the eReader.

There are some ways to solve that problem.
1. The easiest way - contact your vendor in order to repair it. (Yes, it is warranty case, but shipping could be expensive).
2. A little bit more complicated way - open the reader and carefully remove the battery and send it to me as usual letter (cheapest and quickest way). I will reanimate and charge it with our equipment.
3. The way of hope - keep trying to charge the battery in the reader. You can try the advices with resetting and long power on button pressing during recharging.
Well I bought the reader from you, I was one of the first that pre-ordered. I don't know what Software version it's got at the moment and I can't check it, but I did remember updating it when I got it back in April.

Will opening up the reader void the warranty?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote