Thread: Troubleshooting Dead pixel problem solution?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you referring to the very fine ""dusting" of small black dots on the screen? That's common to all eInk screens, but most people don't notice them. You need to look very closely at the screen to see them.
I could be. I'm not entirely sure. There are little dots all over the place, even when the device is off. I only just noticed them, and I looked pretty closely when I first received the device, after I returned my last one. There is a large collection of them (~5 or 6) in the middle of the left side that are very fine. And then there is one pretty dark one in the dead center of the screen. Otherwise there are a bunch more very fine dots all over the place. Is this normal?

I don't abuse the device, have only dropped it once onto a carpet, never use cleaning solution on it. I do clean it pretty often with a microfiber cloth though, and might press hard then.

I'm going to be really embarrassed if it turns out that I returned my last kindle for a normal aspect of the eink screen.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote