View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #69
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Perhaps it was so that he could somehow be there to absolve Roger. I found the passage where he said the prayer for Roger very moving. When Roger died and Dick returned to the present
Quote:
There was no nausea, no vertigo, no singing in my ears. Only a great silence, and a sense of peace.
Oh, thank you for recalling that to me! Perhaps, if we take a deterministic view of everything that happened, that was the point of all the trips and Roger as guide? Roger was seeking his absolution?

That makes Dick and Magnus much less agent and much more tool of the universe, shall we call it? Which would also absolve both of them. If we're not willing to go quite that far, it could merely mean that was the cause of the uproar in the ether that drew Dick and Magnus to that time.

I can't help feeling that Dick's being Catholic meant more than just a "Get Out of Church Free" card.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote