View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #43
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Good book. It's strength is it's depiction of young life in a school environment. Ishiguro really is exceptional at evoking a character's reality. It transported me. Regarding all the sci-fi dystopian stuff, I think he did a good job. It was beautifully handled. A bit bleak, but then so was Remains of the Day and Artist of the Floating World. Ultimately, Ishiguro is a brilliant writer, and he showcases his ability in this book. I enjoyed it. Recommended. The sci-fi element is incidental.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote