Thread: Literary City by Clifford D. Simak
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #53
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have just returned from traveling so I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts yet. However, I have to say that of course the lack of cats got my attention too. Who doesn't believe that in our world cats must be secretly plotting global domination. At least I know all the cats that I've had were! Ironically, cat bans in New Zealand were a big topic in the news a week ago. I read the articles with a completely different perspective having just finished City and wondering how cats would have behaved in a killing-free dog world. By the way, I thought it was interesting how the dogs transitioned in the timeline from using special flea powders (killing insects contrary to the societal expectations) to suffering again from fleas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-45347136
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...217569255.html
Thanks for the links Bookworm_Girl . I had no idea about the bans on cats.
It seems the cats wouldn't have cooperated in the dog world. Lol . They probably are in another dimension ( cobbly world ) where the cat's rule and use dogs to find and retrieve their prey.

Last edited by Wearever; 09-10-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote