Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #51
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
So if there are no strong objections, here is the rule:
Quote:
Any book that has received three nominations during a nomination period is automatically disqualified from being re-nominated for a period of six months.
Any objections?

No objection at all (if it makes your work easier and cuts down discussions that lead to nothing).
But I find it an a little bit superfluous rule. I don't mind if someone wants to nominate his favourite book all over again, but I would look if it qualifies into the theme of the months.
To be more clear: I found it very strange that we had a book of the year 2000 or so in the classical month voting but I had no problem at all with that this book had been nominated in the months before, too.
But as I said, if it makes your work easier, go implement it.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote