View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
"
Quote:
IMHO, an ebook sold $2 could easily make more profit than its $14.99 physical counterpart.... but the ebook have to be available on any platform (phone, computer, ebook reader) and samples should be freely available."
Oh come on ... I wasn't even going to reply to this point because it's so patently ridiculous, but really? You're telling me that you're so cheap you wouldn't spend five to ten measly dollars on a piece of entertainment that some poor git has slaved over for at least a year, if not longer, with all the attendant research that might well go with it?

I could just about accept the 2 dollars argument for an older book that's deep into the long tail ... heck, quite a few people have books like that up for free now. But it's a ridiculous notion. I've seen this view promulgated on these boards, and I'm sorry but it annoys the hell out of me. You're effectively saying you want me and other people like me to do the next best thing to giving away our work for free. Sorry, doesn't cut it. You want quality entertainment, pay for a decent price for it.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote