View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #60
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The nbsp error is because your file is invalid. That prevents the file from being automatically cleaned (and many issues corrected) which is why you're seeing the other errors.
Is there a way to get Sigil to behave as it did in 0.72, maybe as an option?

On some older files, I get errors with regard to nbsp, image links, stylesheet links, and sometimes other links, where 0.72 just happily opened the file, saved it, and it worked everywhere; ADE, Calibre, and on my reader.

Basically, almost every file I open has errors, especially if they are converted to EPUB by Calibre. Often even books that are bought as EPUB's have (many) errors. (I mostly open them to remove whitespace between paragraphs and make indents smaller before sticking them into Calibre.)

If there really are errors that Sigil can fix reliably, such as missing doc-types, would it be possible to suppress the error messages and just fix the files silently; maybe add something like [Fixed] behind the file name in the address bar, to mark that it was fixed?

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-11-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote