View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
Alyssa Miranda
Connoisseur
Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Nook
More on "do it yourself" web site

Several posts have pointed out a distinction between wordpress.com, which is hosted for free by wordpress, and wordpress.org, for which you have to secure and pay for your own host. Another important distinction is the lack of support for e-commerce (a "shopping cart" or "buy it now button") via plug-ins on wordpress.com. I ran into this limitation while constructing my own "do it yourself" web site on wordpress.com (which is still a work in progress), and am attempting to surmount it by linking to an off-site service which will download files after payment to PayPal. That aspect works fine, but I've run into a snag downloading EPUB files, which will not sideload on the Nook (MOBI files for the Kindle and PDF files sideload with no problem). I've found a work-around the problem with the EPUB files, but it's somewhat cumbersome - download the file first to Adobe Digital Editions, and from there, transfer it to the Nook. If I discover a more elegant fix I'll post it, but meanwhile if others have encountered problems downloading EPUB files and come up with fixes I'd be grateful to hear them.
Alyssa Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote