View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #570
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I have now started The Call of the Wild by Jack London. Um ... interesting. I didn't know this was told from the point of view of a dog and I still don't know what to make of it. I usually don't read fiction with animal protagonists, it just isn't my sort of thing. But the narration by William Roberts is more than decent, so I guess it will carry me through.
Quote:
Finished it and liked it. As I said, I usually don't read books with animal protagonists, but this being a classic, I am glad I have made an exception. It was read by William Roberts who did a fine job.
This was an exceptional book that for some unexplained reason I had never read. I enjoyed it immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella
Also finished Illegal Alien by Robert J. Sawyer. It was as enjoyable as ever. And even though I reread it last year, I had already forgotten the twist at the end. I must be getting old.
Hmmm. Someone said that if we're lucky, we'll eventually get to where we only read a single book, forgetting it enough to enjoy the beginning by the time we finish. I'm not quite to THAT point yet, but I must say I'm enjoying more re-reads than I ever did.

Quote:
I am currently listening to Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold, read by Grover Gardner. Really like it. I read the two Cordelia books in the series ages ago and liked them a lot. Hopefully, they will get me into the mood to continue with the series.
An excellent series, and very well read by Mr. Gardner. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, and recently re-read the series in a mix of audio and ebook forms.

Speaking of re-reads, I'm currently listening to A Short Victorious War, read by Allyson Johnson. An unfortunate reader choice, her use of inappropriate accents is quite jarring. On the other hand, they're good stories and one eventually gets used to her narration, though I certainly haven't learned to like it.

Last edited by CRussel; 06-07-2013 at 11:11 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote