View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakan42 View Post
On the other hand, calibre2opds can't merge multiple libraries into one opds directory so configuration on my reader devices gets complicated.
I agree that there is no capability in calibre2opds to generate a single catalog covering multiple libraries (although it might be possible to develop this if a good enough case can be made).

what there already is is a capability in Calibre2Opds to link catalogs. You can have entries in the top level of a catalog pointing to other catalogs (set up via the 'Custom Catalog/External Links' tab). You could therefore use this capability to handle your top level which contains the pointers to other libraries, and then create a catalog for each library. This was primarily envisaged as handling the case when you wanted to point to other catalogs provided by third parties, but I see no reason why it cannot be used by an individual with multiple libraries. If you do this you would want to also make use of the 'Profiles' facility so that you can store the settings you want for each individual library. Would this perhaps meet your needs?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote