View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That is not normal for the Kindle Fire. I suspect calibre is doing something strange to the book during conversion. Have you looked at the HTML for the book to see if extra <P></P> or <BR /> tags have been added?
I think you are right that its something with Calibre. I have an android phone as well as the fire, and the extra spacing came in when I was opening the file with the Kindle app for android or the kindle app for the fire, but not if I opened it with something like FBReader... I solved the problem by taking the file on the phone, emailing it to my me@kindle.com address so that Amazon could do its mobi reformatting thing, then opening in the kindle app on either device the formatting was fine.

This was the first time I ever had problems with the kindle app screwing up spacing in mobi files.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote